New Year’s Resolutions for Kids
Yet again the year is coming to an end. Help your kids reflect on resolutions for next year with this fun New Year’s Resolutions activity below.
This kids New Year’s Resolutions activity can be printed off in over 10 languages!
Recommended: New Years around the world
- Download the printable in your preferred language (link at the bottom of this post).
- Colour in the template.
- Come up with 12 resolutions for the new year.
- If your child can’t read yet, help them understand their list by making a small drawing that represents their resolutions alongside each phrase.
- Place the resolutions chart somewhere at home in your kid’s vision so you can revisit it together and tick it off as they complete each resolution. Tell them that they don’t have to be in order so they feel encouraged to do as many as they can.
- Remember to talk to your child during the year about what they set to do and you can tell them how it is not always possible to fulfil all of our goals and that is ok, because our lives change and we don’t always know what we will do next.
Do you need ideas for New Year Resolutions?
A few action words that you can use to help your child come up with their own resolutions are:
Do more ______
Talk more to ______
Go to ______
Extra: Highlights of Last Year
Extend this activity with a small reflection about what things made them feel happy this past year.
Printable Resolutions Chart
The PDF is available in the following languages:
A BLANK version has also been included in case you want to write the text in a different language.
1. Click above on the “Download Printable” button.
2. Click on “I want this!” (either leave the price as $0 to download for free, or support this project with a donation from your kind heart. Much appreciated!).
3. Enter your e-mail and get your files in your preferred language(s).
Make sure to check out New Year Traditions around the world to see how different places celebrate bringing in the new year.
Are you raising a bilingual child? Take a look at our Language Resources for kids. Subscribe for related articles. Follow Bilingual Kidspot on Facebook and join our online community and support group!
Rodrigo Macias is the founder of Box of Ideas, a blog full of imaginative and educational ideas for modern parents and educators. You can follow Box of Ideas on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
Thanks for this free printable! What a great idea!