Top Posts on Bilingual Kidspot in 2016
We are about to finish the year of 2016 so I thought I would put together the Top posts of 2016 on Bilingual Kidspot just encase you have missed them!
10. How you can Create the Need for the Minority Language
9. 10 Things you Need to Raise a Bilingual Child
8.Why your Child won’t speak your language, and tips to encourage them
7. How to Raise a Bilingual Child – Choose your Method
6. The Power of Conversation in Language Development
5. OPOL Method – One Person One Language
4. Bilingual Children and Language Development
3. How One Family Speak Four Languages on a Daily Basis
2. 8 Mistakes Parents Make when Raising Bilingual Children
1.Raising a Bilingual Child the Montessori Way
So that tops it off, the Top 10 posts of 2016 on Bilingual Kidspot about Raising Bilingual Kids!
This year has flown by for me. Watching my children along their language journey has made me so proud of them.
My four and a half year old (J4) is speaking English and Italian fluently, both to a native level. He is also starting to read simple sentences and sound out words in both languages. His Spanish is also coming along well, he is now able to speak conversations.
My two and a half year old (K4) has taken off in these past few months and is chatting away really well. His Italian is quite fluent (for his age) and slightly better than his English which is understandable as English is the minority language. He is able to count and sing songs also in Spanish.
We are looking forward to continuing in the new year, and I am so excited to see how much they will improve.
See you in 2017! Have a Happy New Year 🙂
Leave a Reply